Lumby is such an unique and distinctive village, with the ideal location
making it easy for our tenants to walk to many of the services available to them.
The following are within walking distance from SMP and MP:
- Curling Rink
- Massage Therapist
- Hair Dresser
- Ice Rink
- Medical Clinic
- Diabetic Clinic
- Health Nurse
- X ray and Blood Work available
- Municipal Office
- Bottle Depot
- Post Office
- Scotia Bank
- Credit Union
- Grocery Store
- Health Food Store
- Computer Store
- Liquor Store
- Irly Building Centre
- variety of eateries (16 in all!)
- Best Thrift Shop in the Okanagan!
- Peer Support Office
In 2010 the Dogwood Lounge was newly constructed to accommodate more social interaction with our residents. The Lounge features a spacious lounge area, new kitchen, 2 small offices, 2 handicapped washrooms, storage room, and a coined operated laundry facility. Dogwood Lounge is a hub of activity filled with energy and enthusiasm for both saddle mountain and monashee place. It provides the following:
- Secretary will be available
- Crib, Bingo, Jam Sessions, monthly pot luck dinners and socializing.
- Library is housed within the hallway and has books, magazines, puzzles, DVD's, VHS and games available.
- A monthly newsletter is published by the tenants.
- Coffee and social interaction is available.
- Breakfasts Tuesday ,Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- Senior's Drop-in Monday, Wednesday, Friday which includes organized arts, crafts, outings, and special activities
- Community volunteers prepare a full course luncheon every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
The Dogwood Lounge is very active with a variety of social activities including daily card games, a puzzle corner, dart area, shuffleboard, computer with internet, TV area, classes such as painting, knitting, a variety of workshops including healthy living, pot-lucks and bingo to name a few. There is also an entertainment area where a group of residents can gather and jam.
We are also very fortunate to have Whitevalley Community Resource Centre involved in providing a variety of workshops as well as providing three meals a week to our tenants.
If you enjoy the outdoors, gardening and watching wildlife by the creek, Saddle Mountain and Monashee Place are ideal for you. A creek runs directly behind the Units, with a countless number of ducks making this area their home. The grounds feature cement sidewalks, mature trees, manicured gardens and plenty of green space. Benches have been placed around the area for sitting and enjoying the outdoors.